Catagories Question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Doc259, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Doc259

Doc259 New Member

I posted a thread on what catagories is and how to get but now i need some help lol. when i make the folders i go to the configure tab and turn the hide apps on so on my spring board it doesnt show icons in folders. this is only working for a few apps. some apps that are in folders will not show on spring board but most all of them do. its anyoing because the purpos of catagories is to get rid of all the icons................any help?
  2. ijailbreak91

ijailbreak91 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Unisntall....its a fu***** bug crash app......
  3. Doc259

Doc259 New Member

bug crash app? whats that supposed to mead? alot of other people use it and it works perfectly
  4. Doc259

Doc259 New Member

f***!!!! your right! it screwed my ipod up! now i have to f****** reset it! Don' Use Catagories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. ijailbreak91

ijailbreak91 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    f*** Off Censoring....^^ sh*t App.....who The f*** Has Coded This Crap^^
  6. dragon641

dragon641 New Member

They turned off the auto hide because of some issues they were having so now they just recommend using Customize to hide apps manually as you add them to a category. It's a tiny bit more work but it gets the job done.

So for anyone else, odds are you won't have any issues.
  7. btothei

btothei Banned

i use auto hide and it works fine
  8. Doc259

Doc259 New Member

how do you use customize to hide apps? im rejailbreaking right now so i would like to know if it will work...

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. sneakerhead

sneakerhead New Member

I can't find the Categories app. in my installer.
    Can someone tell me which source it comes from?

Thanks
  10. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Hi, just thought I would share my experience......

I installed categories yesterday and it broke the jailbreak / installer. I now know though this was MY FAULT....please read on......

Use Categories from BigBoss (sleepers.net/iphonerepo in Utilities) to create the "folders" you need. I have created 5 folders successfully.

You ALSO need Customize (which I use as well as Summerboard, there is no conflict).

Once you have created your folders and added the various applications, you will notice that the icons still appear on the springboard. Do not use the categories "Hide Icons" feature.

Open Customize settings and click Icon Display Order >> Manual Reorder >> then click the EYE in the top right corner.

You can now select which apps are displayed on the springboard by selecting / deslecting the eye icon next to the app. Dont worry, even though they are not displayed on the Springboard, they will be available in your folders.

Once you have hidden all of the icons you dont want to clutter your springboard, click Display Order, then Home button.

you may need to refresh the srpringboard or restart your touch to see the change applied.

IMPORTANT:

If you uninstall the categories APP you MUST re-display the icons using Customize and delete all categories folders you created. You can then uninstall.

I didnt do this first time and had to restore my touch and jailbreak again. My installer had stopped working and I could not remove categories correctly, even with SSH and deleteing the folders.
    Nothing damaged apart from my pride and a few hours of reloading everything

Please Register or Log in to view images

In the categories creators defence, when you use the configuration tool in Categories it does warn you that system files are ammended and Customise is the better way to progress....

hope this helps, I now use Categories with NO Problems at all.