Cases that fit with FULL BSE

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ford GT, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Ford GT

Ford GT Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are there are any hard cases that fit with a full body BSE? I'm looking at the Rebel Touch and Griffin Reflect.

I suspect they won't fit being that these cases are meant to be tight fitting already.
  2. mark i

mark i New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the full BSE (but just used the part that covered the back) and could not get the Reflect to snap on over it.
  3. Ford GT

Ford GT Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thought so! Thanks!

I guess it's silicone for me then. I just don't know which case. The Belkin Sonic Wave or a cheaper no-name case.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The RebelTouch will probably squeeze on, as most of it's silicone and the clip-on Lexan spine SHOULDN'T have an issue with the BSE as it doesn't cling on that tight - after all, it's clamping onto the iPod through the silicone case. So you can make do with that, versus the Incase or Griffin (or anyone else's hardcase) which all look the same anyways.
  5. Ford GT

Ford GT Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Will the Griffin Elan hard leather case fit with a BSE?
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Probably not - the Elan Form, Nu Form, Reflect, and iClear from Griffin all use the same mold, with only the materials and the patterns on the outside being different; otherwise they're all effectively the same case. The Wave has a different closing mechanism, but is otherwise shaped the EXACT same way. For that matter, the Incase Hardcase, Slider, and other Touch 2G cases (including the Agent18 Ecoshield, new Contour iSee and Showcase) all appear to be from the same factory, with only the brandnames changing. The style of case is otherwise identical, and even how they go onto the iPod is identical.

Please Register or Log in to view images