Cases that fit in regular ipod docks? Or come with dock adapters?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JellyUK, Jan 28, 2008.

1. JellyUK

JellyUK New Member

I would like to buy a case for my iPod Touch, but also want to not have to take it out of the case in order to dock it in my car/at my computer/when putting it on charge. Are there any cases that allow this? Or that come with a dock adapter for use with the ipod in the case?

I am open to suggestions for any kind of case (skin/leather/plastic etc).

Cheers!
  2. felixh

felixh New Member

i don't know any case which allows it, because when a case allows it, it's not protective anymore at the bottom of the ipod, ... so you can use a leather case which lets you easily sleeve out your ipod ... ;-)

cheers
  3. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That is near to impossible, it should be ultra thin, and thats not possible, not even in condoms

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. JellyUK

JellyUK New Member

I guessed that it would not protect the bottom, but what about the second part of my question?

Are there cases that come with custom dock adapters to be used when the ipod is in the case? I don't see why this wouldn't exist...and if it doesn't, someone should really make one! I think it would do really well.
  5. Delber

Delber New Member

Try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/2ufhc7

I haven't quite tried it on a dock and it way less intrusive than most other cases. I would check it out at an apple store first before buying.
  6. xM45x

xM45x New Member

cant you use one of those ones like iClear or the one that is like iClear but has graphics
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    go to www.ebay.com

and search for

iPod touch Decals!

There you go!

Not exactly a "case" but it won't get scratched only on the sides. I suggest you buy the Screen Proterctors from

Louis-pr

100% THE BEST EVER EVER EVER!! AND CHEAP!! 5.00 FOR 3!!
  8. cghco420

cghco420 New Member

The Capsule Touch case from switcheasy comes with a dock adapter and the case is great. I have the clear one and I really like it. I was looking for a case with an adapter also and I feel that this one has everything that I needed. It's really protective and sturdy, looks nice, isn't bulky, and fits in the dock with the included dock adapter...

You can find it here:

http://switcheasy.com/iTouch.htm

Hope that helped...

Edit: It also comes with a little cap for the connector to prevent dust and stuff from getting into the case which is helpful...
  9. JellyUK

JellyUK New Member

Thank you! I had seen these before, but needed some kind of recommendation to push me into buying one (i also posted in the thread about them). I just bought one from the European site. I hope it comes soon. Keeping my touch in a sock at the moment!
  10. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

Wow, haven't posted in forever.

Seems you've already got one, but agent18 is a good place too. Theirs comes with a dock adapter but no screen protection. It's what i use. Pretty nice.