Cases and Docks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tech3475, Sep 12, 2010.

1. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want to get one of the free cases but I am concerned because I use a dock and plan to buy a stereo in the future with a dock.

Which is the free cases will work with the typical "made for ipod" dock without the adapter insert or having to take the case off? I can't use the insert anyway because I also own a classic which I use as well, I also dont want to wear the case out by taking it off all the time.

thank you.
  2. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    You need to have an iPhone 4.

And, if it supports ALL ipods, then it should work.
  3. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have the iphone already, but I am yet to place the order from the app.

I know the "made for iPod" should mean it works (although not perfectly for example on my charger/speaker dock it doesn't fit properly since it rocks slightly (don't have an attachment for it) but my touch 2g and classic fit perfectly.

I need to know though about what cases can allow me to use a dock without the attachment and/or taking the case off.
  4. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm using the Apple Universal Dock with my iphone 4 + bumper, BUT i have to use it without an adapter
  5. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok thanks, that's solves my issue, I was concerned because some of the reviews said that the bumpers wouldn't work with the docks, but I guess they were using the attachments then.

Now I just need to decide on what case.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have another question but I don't want to spam the forum.

I ordered the pixelskin HD but I was wondering whether it was also worth getting a screen protector?
  6. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yup, pretty much the only way to use a case with a dock. Unless the case you ordered the case comes with a custom made dock to fit the iPod with the case.

Really, no matter what case, you should really get a shield for protection (scratches, finger prints, etc.). But most cases come with a shield of some sort, So it shouldn't really be necessary for you to buy one unless you know the case didn't bring one.