Case To Protect Screen From Breaking

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Cop J, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Cop J

Cop J New Member

My worse fear is my screen breaking on my iPod Touch 2G. I am very careful with it and already have a Griffin Reflect on it, but I'd like to purchase a case with a hard screen cover. My sister has an iPhone case that is a hard shell over her touch screen and it still works fine. I feel like if we were to both drop our iPods, mine would end up with a cracked screen. As you know, apple will not warranty a cracked screen so this is a big deal to me.
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

try the incase slider for 2G.
  3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

well, built in screen protectors while MAY help, they are not very effective. I am not sure for the iPod Touch 2G but more Otterbox Defenders are with built in screen protectors, visit otterbox.com

Also, the best protection for the face would definitely be a leather case with a screen flap
  4. jasonfox

jasonfox Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the leather case does not help.

i had mine for 2 months and my screen was shattered by dropping my backpack with the ipod in it.
  5. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

it depends on the quality and build of the case. I review cases, and some are really good, but expensive. Piel frama cases, which are like 100 bucks and upward have very, very, very good screen protection
  6. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    man dashwood, you never read the op. the incase slider has no screen protection whatsoever. dont post to have alot of posts, post to help people or ask for help. use your brain man. if your gonna post, at least read the whole thread. as for cases, i would get a leather flip case that you can flip open and have easy access to the screen. sorry for the rant but c'mon. you already have almost 600 posts and you joined last month.
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

There's no 'hard screen cover' in it - you drop it or have something drop on the open face which is sharp and heavy and there goes the screen. Personally, no cases come to mind that have that 'hard screen cover' you want - there are ones which go up to the edges of the actual screen, and the iSkin Duo for the Touch 2G has a clip-on transparent cover... but it's a silicone case, and the protector's likely to pop off if the iPod's dropped on a corner or an edge. Most of the flip cases I can think of are merely leather and have no protection of the sort you want, and the remaining cases leave either the full face open or leave the screen open... but provide no other protection for the screen. Even the Belkin Leather Folio is just leather on that flap, but it's better than nothing... albeit not an ideal solution as the case leaves the bottom edge open to damage.
  8. Cop J

Cop J New Member

I wish i knew the name of my sisters iPhone case, because they may have something like it for the iPod Touch. I know the easiest solution to this is to not drop it, but things happen and with a case, just in case, that would probably lessen the chances of a cracked screen.

Seems like a lot of people here care about scratches and nicks, which are all things that can be present when your iPod Touch somehow stops working and Apple will exchange your iPod Touch for a brand new one. Now if you get a cracked screen, even in the first week from when you get your touch, apple will do nothing about it.

I just need better screen protection. That is about the most important part of the touch. I've to many broken LCD's...
  9. biggs721

biggs721 New Member

I'm also looking for a full case that protects the screen and I've only found a few options. The closest thing I have found is the Pelican i101 from radio shack. It is exactly what I want, just to big and bulky. I want something that I can throw ( not really throw ) into my car and not worry about the screen. Ideally, the itouch would have a silicon/screen protector on and still fit in the case. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.
  10. *JustMe*

*JustMe* Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    what about the Naked case?