Case or Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by justwest, Dec 22, 2009.

1. justwest

justwest New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys. I'm getting my Ipod Touch 3rd gen 8gb tomarrow! and I spent alot of money on christmas gifts already so... I really want to buy both! But the money is enough for now. So which is more important? Case or screen protector. I heard the back of ipod touch gets scratched up really easily, and I don't want any dirty finger prints on my screen either. So I'm kind of in the between to decided which. Please help me out! P.S. Can you recommand any products IN STORES! NOT ONLINE SHOPPING! Bestbuy should be good. Thank you! Please HURRY~ NO OVER $15

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you had ten more bucks I'd say the Zagg Invisible Shield. Protects both the front and back. Only thing it doesn't do is protect your iPod from impact and breaking. I say get the Zagg for now and be careful with your iPod, then save up and get a case too.

You won't find anything that great for under 15. MAYBE a decent screen protector, but nothing like the Zagg. And I really doubt you'll find a case for under that (one that is halfway decent).
  3. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Don't buy those stupid shields, your ipod will fall and what will your handy dandy invisible shield do? Nothing.

Get a nice hard shell case, doesn't have to be a fancy brand so it can cost under 15 dollars. As long as it is a nice fit and looks ok. I used my ipod carefully

Please Register or Log in to view images

for a week or 2 until I bought a shield protector. I think it was from Belkin and it wasn't too expensive.
  4. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Stupid shield? Ok.. your ipod will rub on something in your pocket, slide on something, you'll have something on your finger, ... and what will the Belkin case do against those things? Nothing.

Buying the case and being careful with it is the same thing as what I said to do with the screen protector in vice versa.

Either way, same thing applies. You buy the case and you'll have to be careful to not scratch the screen. Buy the screen protector and you'll have to be careful to not drop it.

I bought the shield because I had a gift card to Best Buy and also the chances of me scratching it are a lot higher than if I were to drop it.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's very, very, VERY, hard to scratch the glass screen. Keys won't scratch it, coins won't, I heard sand does, but how many times do you have sand in your pocket.
  6. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sand will scratch it but not keys? I know sand is much much smaller but still, key's against the screen? Can someone test this out please.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I didn't believe it either, but here is a 'Torture Test' link.