Case or No Case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by metakirbyknight, Oct 7, 2010.

1. metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight New Member

I am probably going to get an iPod touch 4G. Yay!

When I got my 3G I ran it without a case. And then I got my third replacement (see my sig) I bought a Speck CandyShell and PowerSupport Anti-Glare Film Set and my device is near flawless. But I don't know if I care enough to buy a case and screen protector. I hate bubbles.

So, fellow Multi-touch Fans, should I use a case or not? If I should, what should I use?

Keep in mind that I can go buy the iPod tomorrow if I don't use a case or screen protector, and with my luck, I'll get a couple replacements.

Thanks.
  2. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Get a skin / shield. Zagg or BestSkinsEver. It looks jut as good as using your iPod naked but protects you from scratches.
  3. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    what are replacements? you're gonna buy more than one ipod touch?
  4. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Get a case and screen protector from eBay if you're looking to save money. You can find both together in one package for like 6-10 dollars. I'd recommend getting a case. Personally, I'm obessed with keeping things shiny and new, so there is no way in hell I wouldn't put a case and screen protector on. I even have a clear skin on the back of my Touch, that's how obsessed I am. But I guess it's all about your preferences. To be honest, I think the 4G is too slim to have no case on. A case adds a nice grip to it so it doesn't feel like it's going to fall out of your hands and break. But like I said, totally up to you. I think if you took a Touch and left it caseless, it would look like crap in a matter of a month.
  5. metakirbyknight

All of my iPod touches so far have had problems, so I take it to the Apple Store and they give me a refurbished unit.

How easy is it to apply? If I got one, I'd probably have to take it off at some time. So how easy is the removal? Can you re-apply it?
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

The removal is kinda easy, however, if it gets dirty/too dusty, it's done for. You can re-apply it if you still have that liquid thing it comes with.
  7. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a bestskinsever skin too, and it's not really difficult to apply. Just be careful and have patience. It'll turn out good if you don't rush it. Also, I have no experience in taking them off, but supposedly it's just like taking a sticker off, and leaves no residue (maybe slight residue). I plan on having it on for a long while, until maybe it get's dusty around the corners. I have an extra skin waiting to be put on when this one takes a dump. I'll never leave that chrome unprotected.
  8. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    In my experience it wasnt as hard as I orginally thought. One thing you'll really need is patience

Removal is easy, I've removed my GadgetShieldz for the back after I received my BestSkinsEver, no residues or anything. Removal is an easy process and yr shield comes off only if you want to, meaning it won't come off in normal usage. Nope, you can't re apply it since the film stretches when you take it off sorry
  9. metakirbyknight

Seeing as I'd have to buy another one if I got a replacement, I think I'll wait for the CandyShell.

Any screen protector recommendations? I prefer a matte or anti-glare protector.
  10. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I recommend a case if you care about resell value and i never used a screen protector and my screen was absolutely perfect