Case Mate Naked Case vs. Zagg Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by NemesisAU, Dec 7, 2008.

1. NemesisAU

NemesisAU New Member

Hey guys,
    Just another person seeking some opinions...

I'm gonna buy a 2g iPod Touch soon and i wanna get a good case for it but i'm undecided between these two.

Also mention any other company's whose product is very similar and your opinion better (please explain your reason for this).

Any personal experiences would be really appreciated.

Please no advertising spam!

Thanks guys!
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I wouldn't really call the Invisible Shield a case as it's more of a "film", but I would go with that. And in comparison, a similar company that has film for the iPod touch is BodyGuardz (http://www.bodyguardz.com) and they also have their full coverage for $24.95. That means BodyGuardz is the same price as Invisible Shield, but Invisible Shield is your better choice for quality.
  3. *JustMe*

*JustMe* Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If I had to chose between Invisible Shield and The Naked Case i would chose the Naked Case because not only would it help against scratches but if it drops it may protect more than just the film screen .

I personally like Switcheasy products better especially for protection against drops because im clumsy. I would chose either the Switcheasy RebelTouch or the NeoTouch. Plus they come with screen protectors as well.

It just depends on wether your looking for just a protection from scratches of protection from drops. And if you like cases or the "Naked " feel of the ipod.
  4. NemesisAU

NemesisAU New Member

Probably more likely to need scratch protection in a pocket or on a desk for me.
    I love the design of the 2G so i'm probably leaning towards the invisible shield atm.

The new version has fixed the colouration issues and the peeling edges right?
    Does the lifetime warranty cover that sort of thing?
    Would i be able to send it back if it started to peel and not stick?

Thanks for the replys Kiks52 & *JustMe*
  5. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

i ordered a naked case, its on its way, the invisible shield is literally just to prevent scratches, it wont stand a chance if it is dropped or makes contact with something, naked case is on a whole different playing field cuz it actually offers real protection as opposed just scratch proofing
  6. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Once you put it on, be sure to let it sit by itself for a few hours. Make sure the corners stick. I made the mistake of using it so early. Now I got one corner that is loose.

About the warranty, I don't know how it works really. How often can you get a replacement? I got my first replacement after 9 months of use.
  7. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i like the switcheasy neotouch.....
  8. NemesisAU

NemesisAU New Member

Okay just ordered my Invisible Shield from Zagg (Discount: iphoneblog=20% off!)

Any have an tips on detailed videos or guides on how to put on correctly and easily?
  9. hogan1

hogan1 New Member

how is the neo touch
  10. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

case mate naked case is HUGE and bulky