Case Mate Naked Case Problem

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by seraphoenix77, Oct 21, 2008.

1. seraphoenix77

seraphoenix77 New Member

Hey,

I got my Case Mate Naked Case quite some time ago and after my first use I figured there was a problem with it. Later on, I just waived the idea that it was actually a problem and continued to use it regardless because it was still doing its job of protecting the entirety of my iPod Touch. The problem is that when you touch the screen part of the case, it seems to diffuse in the area that you touch as if an air bubble was created under it. I was wondering if this is a factory defect, or if this is how the Naked Case by Case Mate actually is. By the way I figured out how to temporarily "fix it" by gently dispatching the screen part of the protector and then closing it again which seems to relieve the screen protector from sticking to the actual screen. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more details of the symptoms of my case's problem, I'd be happy to clarify.

Thanks again.
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Try completely cleaning both surfaces with water and a microfiber cloth then put it back together.
  3. seraphoenix77

seraphoenix77 New Member

Thanks for the response.

I tried just as you said, but the problem is still there.

Any other suggestions?
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No fix I know of, except not to use the Naked Case. Any water in the air WILL cause that happen in that case, and the screen will stick to the membrane. It's an issue noted in other reviews of the Naked Case that I've seen on the net.
  5. seraphoenix77

seraphoenix77 New Member

So it's not really a problem and it happens to everyone with it?
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It's been noted on several reviews I read - moisture builds up behind the membrance and causes it to stick to the screen. There is no real fix because of the 'open' nature of the case. One person says he got it fixed by rubbing the screen of his iPod with his hand so the skin oils kept it from sticking or getting that way, but I don't consider that a solution.
  7. seraphoenix77

seraphoenix77 New Member

Thanks for the response. It seems that the finger oil trick works for the most part. Thanks for the tip! I just wish there was a more permanent solution.
  8. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

9. briang191

briang191 New Member

did the baby power resolve your issue?