case loosing signal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by naveen94, Aug 26, 2010.

1. naveen94

naveen94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bought a case online and it got here and it fits my iphone really well just that when i have the case on my bars drop all the way down to 0. I had 5 bars before putting the case on and then after i put it on it went to zero. I have 2 other case (apple bumper, and a cheap snap on) and they do not affect the sinal. I think that the case is to tight, it is a really tight fit, that it is covering the death grip spot therefore causing the signal to drop. Anyone know of a way to fix this because i really like this case.
    Thanks

Here is the case
    http://cgi.ebay.com/new-blue-rubber...AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3a5dcf8177

this is the case i do not have the exact color but it is the same case

it is a two piece case like a spine and then a top cover
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    any1 know a way to fix this
  2. kevind123

kevind123 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I don't see how it could cause the death grip, I think the theory was that your hand would cover it and the moisture in your hands stops it from working.
  3. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's advertised to cover the 'iPhone 4G 4'. Which is grossly wrong, it's an iPhone 4. There's nothing 4G about it.
    And I've read about certain cases causing the death grip, try putting tap or something over the death grip spot and then put the case on, it might help.
  4. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's advertised like that because of the fact that it makes it easier to find in an eBay or Google search. Also, you are correct, some materials in certain cases can cause the death grip issue.
  5. naveen94

naveen94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i tried to put a piece of tape and paper in that spot but nothing seems to help
    i guess i will have to just keep it might contact the buyer for a refund