iOS 4.0 Carrier logo problem with Winterboard & ios4 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by timc, Aug 3, 2010.

1. timc

timc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi Guys,

I've tried searching around for an answer to my problem but have yet had no luck. I hope you guys can help.

I have my iphone 3gs jailbroken through jailbreakme.com but I can't seem to change my carrier logo, wifi, signal etc. through winterboard. I've tried rebooting and respringing but it just never seems to change.

I'm getting the same with my system fonts in fontswap too but as I understand I can work around that fairly easy.

can anyone help please?
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All the statusbar images have different names, so you have to rename them all for your themes. The carrier images is just a text string now, so no images. And the fonts are packaged up now, there is a guide somewhere on how to change them.
  3. TheBaddestiPod

TheBaddestiPod New Member

So you're saying the "iPod" in the top left corner of the 3G Touch can only be modified by MiM? You can't use an image!? You're running the same setup as me, and I've been trying to get ANY sort of image in my status bar to NO evail! I've changed the names (Black, Silver, BLAH BLAH ETC..). Have you had any luck!?

I've also downloaded the new "AT&T & Wifi Logo" in Cydia and tried to modify that by changing the names of my new PNG...Still nothing! TELL ME you have it figured out, deadlyvirus!
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The "iPod" in the top corner is a text string now, so it can't be replace with an image.
  5. TheBaddestiPod

TheBaddestiPod New Member

I would even consider replacing my Wifi signal with an image..which I tried by modifying the AT&T and 3G Logo I downloaded from Cydia..
  6. iTouch4

iTouch4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so, there's a theme in cydia called "AT&T 4.x" which changes the carrier logo and wifi bars to AT&T bars and a hi res 3G logo. Soo... To change carrier logos, they aren't strings as people thought. You can place your own by renaming them Black_CARRIER_IPOD.png and Silver_CARRIER_IPOD.png. For wifi bars, rename them Black_0_WifiBars.png and Silver_0_WifiBars.png (You'll need to make 4 of each with numbers 0-3).

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cheers
  7. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    What about the Airplane Mode icon? In iOS4 they've done a good job of hiding it...
  8. dnaL0R

dnaL0R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    thank you, worked like a charm~
    when i first read that they're strings now, i was like "ohhh man..."

but now i'm happy

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. myco

myco New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch