Car system & ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Apr 22, 2009.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So obviously I have an iPod touch 2g (8gb) and it's jailbroken. I just ended up posting here because jailbreaking is techish and i'm hoping the more tech savvy people can help me. So, my friend has a truck with an aftermarket stereo system in it and we're traveling to go BMX in a few towns around the state. He has a USB hookup in the back of it and the USB attachment for ipods. Do you think it's safe to hook it up? One of my friends hooked up his ipod touch 1g to it and it worked, when i hooked up a 2nd gen ipod nano it just shut the nano off. Think its safe? Will it charge too? I forget what kind of system it is.
  2. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have an fm transmitter that hooks up to a car lighter, it works great. but all i can tell you is try it.
  3. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea it should work no problem
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What's the worst that could happen? Besides a neuclear meltdown?
  5. nickman89

nickman89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you know man i have had several ipod and i have all played them in my car via a cable to my alpine head unit. The last ipod i had was a 5th gen video, and when pluged it in would charge the ipod while playing it. I ended up getting another ipod video (Found it hahaha). But anyways i just left one of them in my car at all times allways hooked up to my head unit. Well after a couple of months i took it out and it would die real fast like 10 min. Which should not happen number one if it is allways charging then its not really using battery, second my 300 dollar head unit (ipod compatible) and my 300 dollar ipod should not be happening. But my ipod touch 2g does not charge when plugged into it at all so i thought it would be safe, but this past month i have drove about 2000 miles travelling to and from school, and recently i have noticed my touches battery life deplete. I mean take it for what its worth, it an ipod and you know it will die eventually.

Also note that im a pretty heavy user on my ipod, i do not play cd's in my car at all, because its a waste when i can play music right off of it.

Also i think that it might just be a problem with my head unit, it about 2-1/2 years old and was one of the first ipod compatible head units at that time. so good luck
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry for all of the spelling errors i have been up for 27 hours now