car stereo usb dock problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by patsissons, Aug 31, 2008.

1. patsissons

patsissons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just a quick Q to see if anyone else has had similar troubles. I have a car stereo with a built in USB connection, one which accepts an iPod dock cable and provides an interface to the iPod on the stereo. everything worked fine up to 1.1.5 fw but with 2.x fw I get no audio. by that I mean the stereo plays the file, but no audio signal is received by the stereo (the live eq display has no movement, all bars are 0).

I don't have the model of the stereo with me, but I will post it shortly when I arrive home. it almost seems like the stereo is expecting an audio signal on certain pins which have been disabled by the 2.x firmware.

btw, I have only tested with 2.0.2 fw but I imagine it is the same for all 2.x
  2. patsissons

patsissons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SOLVED: im pretty sure i just needed to restart the ipod, im a little embarrassed that i didn't try this immediately. long story short, i plugged it in today (after it has been restarted at least once) and it started to work properly again.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a Sony xPlode system with iPod suppport... I can control the iPod from the stereo and the stereo shows the artist/track/Album names. It's bawlin yo.