Car Stereo for ipod use

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xBROWNCOREx, Mar 20, 2009.

1. xBROWNCOREx

xBROWNCOREx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Does anyone know of a car stereo brand or model they would recommend to use for built in ipod/iphone support? I have an outdated pioneer right now that worked fine with my mini but it doesn't charge with my 2g touch and i'm also looking to get an iphone down the road. I bought the Scosche charging adapter but that didn't work for some reason.

Any suggestions?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JebNY

JebNY New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a Jensen HD5212 in my truck. It has full iPod support out of the box. The head controls for the iPod are not as intuitive as I had hope for but usable. It also had HD radio built in and can play from an SD card or USB thumb drive. If that isn't enough music options it also has an Aux input. Lot of bang for the buck.

Probably will not be high end enough audio for some, but it suits me. I don't think it would give you any fancy controls for iPhone control, but that wasn't on my requirement list and I haven't checked.

Jeb
  3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I am using a Sony Xplod player with a single slot for CDs, forgot the exact model details though... As the touch is unable to play music via USB, my player comes with an Aux slot instead... This way, I can connect the iPod to the system and listen to the songs on my playlist when I get bored of the radio stations (frequently!)...

Please Register or Log in to view images