car sickness

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mindtriplx, Mar 10, 2008.

1. mindtriplx

mindtriplx New Member

i have never gotten car sick before. however, the sec i look at my ipod in the car i start getting car sick. anyone else have this prob??
  2. blurx

blurx Member

No, you should ask a doctor about that.
  3. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

it is common to get car/air/sea sick by:
    reading books
    watching movies
    etc.

simply dont read/watch stuff to avoid this problem
    if you require reading/watching stuff while traveling, take anti-car sick pills
    you can buy them at your local pharmacy
    don't overdose
  4. ipodtouchuser01

ipodtouchuser01 New Member

Yes, extensively. It is a form of motion sickness. It gets really bad when I try to read anything while the car is moving. I immediately have to focus on any stationary object in the distance in order to snap out of it.

By the way, if you can read while the car is moving, then I have no idea what your problem is and you might need to get some help.
  5. sadgoat

sadgoat New Member

LOL please don't ask a doctor about this, car sickness is something almost everyone gets, wether it is from your iPod or reading a book. I think some people take gravol, but I just tough it out and don't try to watch videos while driving.
  6. mindtriplx

mindtriplx New Member

ha i dont think i need help. i was just wondering if im the only one. and yes i can read, watch dvds, moon other cars no prob. its just the ipod.
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I get very bad car sickness if I read, or play games in the car, and I found a cure for it years ago. If you are on a long road trip, you can cover your head with a dark sheet or blanket.

Please Register or Log in to view images

You look a bit silly sitting in the passenger seat with a sheet over your head, but this works 100%. Most of the car sickness when reading is caused because you are looking at 2 things at once... the road in your periferal vision, and the book you are reading. Try the sheet. It works!

Please Register or Log in to view images