Car mounts (Features wanted)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cesjr, Nov 30, 2007.

1. cesjr

cesjr New Member

Car mounts for the iPod Touch seem to be a hit or miss. Most seem to have some but not all the features I'm looking for.

Obviously a sturdy mount is a must have. I need access to the dock connector as this will be the means of charging and stereo integration. And I'd also like to have the ability to rotate the holder 180 degrees for coverflow and the occasional movie.

Proclip is supposed to release their IPT holder soon, though I'm not sure how tight it will hold the ipod in the holder in the horizontal position.

RAM Mount seems promising however can someone confirm if you still have access to the dock connector while using the RAM mount?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks
  2. Styro

Styro New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldnt go with RAM mount yet.. I emailed them about the touch and this is what they told me.

"Thank you for your interest in RAM products. Currently we do not have a custom mount for the iPod Touch, it will not fit the iPhone cradle. We are looking at possibly making a custom cradle for the iPod Touch. Please keep an eye on our new products page for the latest RAM products. Thanks"
  3. cesjr

cesjr New Member

Thanks for the heads up Styro.

I received word from Proclip saying the same, stating that it's, "in the works" and "should be available sometime in late November." Well the end of November is today so maybe we can expect a early December arrival date.

RAM mounts look very nice and judging from the iPhone holder, (if the touch holder is anything like it) should have all the features I'm looking for with multiple mounting options.
  4. Voodoo411

Voodoo411 New Member

5. Styro

Styro New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, i definitely want to go with a ram mount, but ill just wait until they come out with ones for the touch, unless i find something comprable in the mean time.
  6. francisco582

francisco582 Member

7. cesjr

cesjr New Member

I just received a reply from a RAM mount rep. He said they are currently developing a holder for the iPod Touch, but added they are still probably at least two months out prior to release.

This is disappointing to hear, but I think I'll just find a substitute or maybe something that will get me by until the RAM mount is released.
  8. iPac

iPac New Member

Im using the mount from KudaUsa. Using the Appple AV cable to charge and transfer video.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. SladeX

SladeX New Member

Using the Belkin FM tuner as a mount/charger for my car. It has an external 3.5mm jack so you can still use it with a normal stereo cable. It allows rotation and the crane neck is flexible. I've been able to use in in my Accord, my Camaro and my Monte Carlo with the latter one having the best support due to the Aux in jack. The newer radio also has a lot cleaner reception than the first 2 cars. The reception is the worst in the Accord and so and so in the Camaro.
  10. Zero260

Zero260 New Member