Car connection problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spaided, May 24, 2008.

1. spaided

spaided New Member

I am having problems getting my Ipod Touch to connect to either one of my vehicles stereos (via Ipod cable), when all of my other ipods do. I connect them to the head units via the ipod cables availible for the head unit, but the stereos won't play ANYTHING off the touch. I know it's not a hardware problem (in the car radio) but how come all my other ipods work and now not the touch... Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Danny
  2. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try using a double ended 3.5m jack it will deff. work.
    you can get them anywhere. Like future shop or online, there anywhere from $1 to $20 depending on where you get it from. The cheapst is from the 1$ store.
    But I guess it will only work if you have a front Aux line in on your car stereo.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Could just be the differences in technologies. My Touch doesn't work with my speaker I have for my nano and classic.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is the stereo unit one where you control the iPod through the stereo's controls or through the iPod? If the former, it won't work because the iPod can't be read in disk mode, and therefore can not be accessed by things like that. If the later, check this list to see if it is compatible: http://www.ifans.com/wiki/index.php?title=IPod_touch_Accessories
  5. spaided

spaided New Member

well the head units control the ipods that i have and they charge while its being used. i would like to have just a 3.5 mm jack in so i could still use it, but oh well, i just think its silly 400 bucks for my touch but, my OLd mini, works with no problems, hell!, all my old ipods work, cept for the touch.... Thanks for all ya'lls help.