Capsule Touch Review (pics+vid)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kunster, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Kunster

Kunster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey everyone! 1st post here on ipodtouchfans!

Please Register or Log in to view images

i recently got a Touch and have been getting alot of help from the irc channel. i'd like to give a shout out to Danls92, Optimoe, Evalocity7, Alfarin, and skyline? XD haha and too anyone else whos helped me. Thanks guys!

Okey dokey so i ordered the Capsule Touch, thinking for some reason it was silicone...yea....idk what i was thinking. But i found out but decided to get it to see how it was. And a review to repay everyone here? eh idk theres already reviews on it, but oh well. hehe

And this is like my 1st review so sorry if i dont cover everything... >< Ok lets get right to it!

Capsule Touch

Ordered Thursday night, arrived Wednesday evening.

So this is what came in the box
    Oh wait, and this too

So thats the case, 3 protective guards, universal dock adapter, tactile touch pads, headphone adapter, horizontal video stand, usb connector protector, back guard, instruction manual, and a peice of cloth.

Heres a size comparison

So i put on the back sheild pretty badly so theres alot of air bubbles....but its too hard too take off so yea...>< its ok cause the back is always covered by a case.

Back air bubbles

So the Touch is in the case with the normal black and clear protector, and i can push it out the top...>< it doesnt come out easy, but it does slide slightly even in the case.

Popup

And the sleep button is a little harder to push, but thats ok i guess, gotta keep it protected!

And so here it is in the stand. Works fine XD I guess you can put it vertically but its not that sturdy.
    Stand Font
    Stand Back

Heres a lil vid of me taking the touch out, and using a dif front screen protector. Sorry its boring and poorly made, but i decided if i was gonna change the screens n stuff, might as well. The lil circular thing that popped off goes on the home button, its nice though, makes it easier to push it even if you have like the clear back, or red one over it. And when im like touching the screen with my thumbs, im trying to re-adjust the screen protector. XD
    Videoooo
    Music by Erik McClure (Blackhole12) - Pachi Pachi & Rose

And omg my i was letting my dad use it, and then......BAM! it hits the floor! OMG thank goodness i got the case. Yup protected the Touch, and the case was just fine! w00t!

I had some problems with the front screen, but after a few redos, i got it pretty well. but i recommend, DO NOT slide the protector screen while the case is on as much as possible. Mine has these stratch things and its like color chaning purple where the scratches are. I think you know what im talking about.
    So ummm, i dont like the fact that its a hard case(just not much of a fan), but it feels really sturdy, it fits well, and yea, i do like it! I didnt have a case for a couple, or maybe one, week, and it kinda feels good to have a case....lol yea im weird. i like how they're a lil switch for taking off the case. just makes it feel safer.

and i like the usb connecter protecter. fits nicely. And now after a couple days im getting air bubbles on the front again...i have to try n slide the front around a bit to get rid of em.. ><

YUP YUP! well thats it! hope this is informative! Thanks guys! Peace! (and keep in mind this was my 1st review, so sorry if its not to good)
  2. aznk3n

aznk3n New Member

Did you order yours from the main website? Did you get a tracking number? what state do you live in(i'm not stalking you, i just need to know so i estimate the amount of time my capsule is going to arrive)? sorry about the questions, when i ordered it, all i got was the paypal receipt.
  3. jaxjags

jaxjags Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    looks cool, but do u need to use the headset adapter to use your headset?
  4. Kunster

Kunster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol ask as many questions as you like

I did order from the main website, I dont think i got a tracking number, i live in IL, i heard that ship from san francisco.

nah you dont have to use the adapter. i really dont know what its for

5. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Has anyone ever get a hold of the customer service? I believe I have two year warranty and I need to replace some things.

~gamer4eva
  6. Kunster

Kunster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i emailed them and got a reply. i asked about their return policy. did you knot get a response?
  7. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

Some headphone jacks don't fit with the case on, hence the adapter.
  8. hypnotiza23

hypnotiza23 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That looks kinda complicated to assemble. Is it worth it?
  9. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What is the e-mail address? Maybe I am not using the right one?

~gamer4vea
  10. Kunster

Kunster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mmm its probably not the easiest, but i think its a good case.

i email inquiry@switcheasy.com i emailed them again but havnt gotten a reply. the 1st time i emailed them i got a pretty fast reply.... uh oh...><