Capacity

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wriath61, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Wriath61

Wriath61 New Member

HI. I'm planning on getting a new ipod touch. I just dont know waht size to get. I only have 4gb of music I'll stick on it at one time, so I thought the *gb would be fine. But I'm not sure how much room for apps i'd have. Should i go with the 8gb, or should i go higher? Thanks!
  2. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the 8GB and it's fine. I have a lot of shows that I put on my iPod, but I don't put them on all at once. I usually put two or three seasons on at a time, then set iTunes to only sync unwatched episodes, so that they're removed once I'm done with them. Applications take up very little space.
  3. Battleneter

Battleneter New Member

I have a 16Gig 2g which is about 14.5gig available to the user. I still have over 10gig free with all the music I want on it and over 40 high quality music vids & apps.

I suggest 32gig only means you can be a little more lazy and not clean your crap off it so often or have a ton of stuff you will never listen to or watch. So unless you plan to encode a crap load of TV and movies, a 16gig will be enough, 8 gig could be a little tight imo.

But its a personnel choice largely.
  4. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Get 16GB. Just some more money for double the cost.

The 32GB is too big and 8GB is too small. Your 4GB of music is probably music you don't listen to (some of it) and with the jailbreak, (if you're a guy who wants to put the JB to full use) you'll need room. I also have a lot of apps and plan to buy good ones and stuff so yeah.

16GB or no GB.

~ Reaper ~