Capacity question?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by crazydog090, Feb 3, 2009.

1. crazydog090

crazydog090 New Member

Hey i jailbroke my ipod and was wondering is it normal for the capacity to go down from 7gb to 6.81?. I added Cydia and installer to my ipod
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well duh anything you download take up space

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah it is

It did that to mine too
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    LOL you guys are funny. This is NORMAL! Anything you download takes up space whether its an app from the app store or cydia, ANYTHING you download takes up space.
  5. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yea i got that

mikec1985 i think they mean the capacity which shows up in itunes goes down rather than the memory left. its because it increases the size of the partion used by iphoneOS
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    No I didn't say anything about memory. He said his capacity went down after doing the jailbreak, which adds cydia and installer, so obviously its gonna go down when you put apps on your ipod which is taking up that space.

If he downloads something else from cydia or installer it will go down even more.
  7. crazydog090

crazydog090 New Member

i mean like when u click your ipod in itunes but ok
  8. deeboy55

deeboy55 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    yh i no wat you mean lol. The capacity is your size (8gb here) - the firmware with apps such as mail and safari etc. Mines at like 6.5gb. BUT once you jailbreak your ipod the firmware will include cydia as a default app with lots of sources etc so the firmware will be bigger making the capacity lower

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope it helped
  9. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yea that's exactly what im talking about. You don't know much about computer do you? When you download something it takes up space, the jailbreak downloaded cydia and installer and that's why it went from 7gb to 6.8 after the jailbreak. The firmware takes up space also, its like 227mb so even a freshly restored ipod will never have the storage capacity that it says on the box.

Go into cydia and download something and check it again. It will be less than it was.

The firmware will never change size, unless you use pwnage tool, but you can only use 1g with the pwnage tool. The jailbreak adds cydia and installer which are NOT in the firmware.