cant watch videos on other websites besides youtube.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by dragnandy, May 2, 2008.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

i thought you were able to watch videos like off google or other flash players like dailymotion and such. how come i cant? am i just dillusional and making this up? because i swear i remember that you could. like youd click the play button and itd just open up with quick player.
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

man ... im sry to inform u this but the ipod/iphone dont support flash..

there are some websites that support the ipod/iphone and if they do then yes u will see a blue play button on the left botom of the image so u can open videos. .... if u want an example go to apple to the trailers section so u can watch them... i think there is a bookmark "app" in installer (comes with a series of "handy bookmarks" ) so u can open some ...SOME.... flash based sites .. but im not totally familiar with it
  3. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

but isnt youtube flash? flv. video format?
  4. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

mmm well the youtube app on ur device converts the videos so they can be view.... and like i said there are some websites thta where (with a patch for safari) u can view some websites videos

if someone has something more to add.. please correct me ...... but as far as i know that is wuts going on right no
  5. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

6. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The YouTube Application on your iPod touch/iPhone has converted most videos from *.flv to *.mp4. and Since *.mp4 is the ONLY video format the iPod/iPhone can play, there you go.
  7. Flokodil

Flokodil New Member

is it possible in a few days, if someone hacks the ipod or adds an installer?
    would be intresting!

Thanks 4 help
  8. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

i understand that, but almost all websites use flv videos because they are small sizes and dont use as much bandwidth, besides divx/xvid players (but thats why stage6 was shut down). so technically if the websites using flv. videos, why not play them like youtube does?

@ddgv= do you remember any of those patches??