Can't use Lockscreen Music Controls

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by VViper, Sep 28, 2009.

1. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The problem:
    I can longer bring up the lock screen music controls using the double home button. Normal double home button pop up controls work fine when not locked. Obviously a rather irritating predicament.
    Before you say restore etc this problem isn't bad enough for me to restore, just a very annoying nuisance. I do believe however it can be fixed if someone could give me some ideas to look into.

How I got the problem:
    iPod working fine, controls all good, installed Supreme Preferences 3.0, and yes this was a bad idea and most likely the cause of the problem
    (I hadn't seen the threads and forgot what a pain all the Prefs extensions were back 1.1.x and 2.x so don't flame me please, I realise I'm a fool!

Please Register or Log in to view images

)​
    That said the problem didn't happen after installing it and after using it, I then install Music Controls (the Cydia app to control 3rd party music apps like the iPod.app) again after installation and use the problem didn't arise. I could use the lockscreen controls to change the tracks on Spotify, iPod and Last FM.

I believe after some mucking about, on my behalf, in the settings app I think I initiated the problem.

I'm not asking you to help me find all the install locations of Supreme Prefs just some places to look at. Plist files etc.

If anyone has any ideas, I remember back in 1.x.x days the forum used to be full of people talking about the different files in the iPod etc, just hoping for the same useful posters!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh, I've removed com.apple.springboard.plist thing and reset the Prefs, unistalled both Supreme and Music Controls. I don't believe its the Music Controls but Supreme Prefs, as most of you will rightly think.

Basically if anyone has any ideas to look into it would be greatly appreciated!

Finally, just to reiterate I don't want to restore, this problem isn't that bad its just very annoying and I don't see why it can't be fixed with some file delving!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: For some reason my tinkering with the different settings unistalling etc, reseting etc, the lockscreen controls are back! However I would still like to know what sort of places/files woudl affect this sort of thing. Thanks anyway!
  2. auv5

auv5 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    its something called supreme ipod control under supreme substrate in the sp 3.0
  3. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)