Can't use jb-apps cause they're hidden

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Magmaster, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Magmaster

Magmaster New Member

Hey Guys,

i just rejailbreaked my ipod with QuickTether to gain runrs-functionality but now i have a great problem:

I had put all important jb-apps into my sbsettings (that are Categories, Terminal, Mobile Finder, Cydia).
    I also done a aptbackup and let the icon on springboard.

After i breaked my ipod, I forgot to install aptbackup before I applied my backup over itunes and now any important jb-apps are hidden.

Then I downloaded aptbackup, sbsettings and catergories via cydia to a iphone 3g, then copied the files from /applications to my pc and finally copied the .apps to my ipod's /applications-folder. (All over usb cable and iPhoneBrowser) But after a reboot no new icons appeared.

Is there any way to gain access over my hidden apps? For example by lauching an app remotely over usb cable (don't forget: openssh isn't installed)
    Or install SBSettings over USB-Cable.

Got an iPodTouch 2G on 2.2.1 runrs-tethered-jailbroken
    I use windows XP but could get access to a Mac.
  2. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

This is interesting lol. You might need to re-re-jailbreak it. Im not the techy type person thought. Just wait and see what others say.
  3. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

I think you need to set the permissions
  4. Magmaster

Magmaster New Member

Well, I'd prefer not to jailbreak again. It took me 6 tries 'til i got the jb on the ipod without error.

To what do I have to set the rights. Can apps be installed just by copying them in the /Applications folder and set those rights? And I need to reboot, cause I have no possibility of respringing.

Edit:
    Can't set permissions with iPhoneBrowser. (Thought there was an option, but there is no) Is there another possibility to set those without using openssh.

What about command-line? Can I launch apps for example with terminal? or with MobileTerminal using an iPhone 3G and my Ipod Touch 2G plugged together (usb-a female to female adapter should do the work)?

C'Mon there must be any solution, early jailbreakers also got there apps on the ipod running without cydia.

CLOSED DUE TO UNTETHERED JAILBREAK