Can't upgrade to 1.1.2 thro iTunes (Error 5)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by leach139, Jan 31, 2008.

1. leach139

leach139 New Member

Hey

I am trying to upgrade to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1. I tryed using the OverInstaller way from 1.1.1, but it just crashed the iPod just after it downloaded 1.1.3, and the iPod was still 1.1.1. I tried to re-do it, but the shell just stood there, with nothing on screen. So I restored to 1.1.1 with my 1.1.1 file from iPodTouchMaster.

So I downloaded the 1.1.2 file from iPodTouchMaster, OktoPreped the iPod, Opened iTunes, and ShiftClicked to install from file. It extracts, then boots the iPod into install mode, and just get's stuck, with this message in iTunes-

An error occured while updating your iPod.
    Error (5)

and I'm then stuck in recovery mode, forced to recover back to 1.1.1 again. I've tryed redoing it (10 times!) with no happydays.

Any advice?

P.S For some odd reason, after going back to 1.1.1 iTunes report's 11mb of Other usage. I turned off syncing, so it can't be synced data. Idees?

P.P.S I was on 1.1.2JB until I tryed JB'ng to 1.1.3 via Kate's way, but that failed as well, went back to 1.1.1, JB'd, OktoPreped, and got in this circle.

P.P.P.S I've tryed iBrikr'ing out of Recovery mode, and it works, but does no difference to the update.
  2. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

so when you iBrikr it, does it go onto the firmware 1.1.3?
  3. leach139

leach139 New Member

No, I use iBrikr to get out of Recovery mode.

The problem is, I can't JB to 1.1.3 without being on 1.1.2. I can use the iJailBreak method, but last time I tryed it it crashed the iPod mid way, and after restart the iPod was still 1.1.1.

So what I'm basically saying, is that I can't get to 1.1.2.

EDIT- Trying another iJailBreak now, bear with me for the result.
  4. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

So you cant get your iPod firmware to 1.1.2? Or can you not Jailbreak firmware 1.1.2?
  5. leach139

leach139 New Member

Can't get to 1.1.2, just terminates @ Firmware Install Mode, error 5 in iTunes.

Also, the Hack to 1.1.3 seems to be going well, but I just read here that doing it from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 doesn't allow you to play iTunes Store music. So I may be stuck with getting 1.1.2 to work.

EDIT- iJailBreak failed. It just reboots after downloading NateTrue's .ZIP file, and the iPod remains 1.1.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

So I need help with this.
  6. leach139

leach139 New Member

Oh dam. Clicky.

Look's like 7.6 breaks OktoPrep. Guess what I just did? Updated to 7.6. Go me!

Any ideas where I can get a 7.5 image for the time being?
  7. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

I think that they have links on here if you search it. But I have 7.6 and just jailbroke my 1.1.2 two days ago and I had no problem. So I don't know if your will work right now. If you get the link, can you get it to me please?
  8. leach139

leach139 New Member

For people who want it, Clicking me will get you iTunes 7.5.

In the meantime, I'm gunna leave this forum to debate. I'm getting confuzzled, so your input is appreciated.

As for me, I'm going to go play some TF2

9. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

make sure the firmware you are directing it to is for the ipod touch, not for the iphone. there have been reports of that happening
  10. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Here...

The world’s easiest method to downgrade your iPod touch from 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1
    NOTE: This is NOT the same as putting your iPod into RESTORE MODE. If you put your iPod into "Restore Mode" when you try to Downgrade to 1.1.1, it will give you an error.

1.) Connect your iPod touch to your running iTunes (version 7.5 is preferred).
    Make sure it shows up in iTunes.

2.) Make sure your iPod is showing its 1.1.3 home screen (it’s not in Recovery Mode.)

3.) Put the iPod touch in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode as follows:

a.) Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.

b.) Release the Power button when you see the iPod disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPod’s screen is blank.

c.) Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. This happens in about 20 seconds. The screen is still blank until the iPod reconnects.

It’s good to go!

Now you can do the usual restore firmware procedure with Option+Restore (Shift+Restore in PC), and subsequently jailbreak your iPod touch once again.