Can't update to 2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by kuebk, Oct 25, 2008.

1. kuebk

kuebk New Member

So I'm trying to update from 1.1.4 to 2.1 or 2.0, but all my attempts fail.

Please Register or Log in to view images

First I've tried to update to 2.0 but when iTunes is saying Preparing for restore it gets stuck at it and after a while it gives me an error saying that something was wrong with error number 13.

Updating to 2.1 gives me very similar effects, sometimes it just get stuck at preparing to restore screen and do nothing, so I have to to disconnect touch and close itunes process manually. And since my touch is on connect to itunes screen i have to to restore and it only wants to restore to 1.1.4 [haven't tried 1.1.5 or lower than 1.1.4].

How can I update to 2.0/2.1?
  2. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

1. Did you restore to a clean copy of 1.1.4 first before updating?

2. If update is successful, be sure to update iTunes to the newest version.
  3. kuebk

kuebk New Member

1. Yes I did.

2. I've restored to 1.1.4 using iTunes 8.01, which is the newest one.

EDIT: So finally I've installed it, first I tried 3 times to install 2.1 then 2.0 and it worked, but after update itunes didn't want to connect to touch on this pc, so I went to other one and activated it - after it I went back to first pc and installed 2.1 - this time without problems. But same as before itunes didn't want to connect to my touch, so I went to other pc and activated touch succesfully.

After all of this I wanted to jailbreak so I downloaded QuickPwn 2.1 but here comes another problem - iTunes doesn't want to connect to my touch on all of my computers.

After all this damn updating/jailbreaking I'm like WTF.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What should I do now?