cant update to 2.0!!!!!! HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deadlyscotty, Jul 13, 2008.

1. deadlyscotty

deadlyscotty New Member

guys i posted this a while ago sorry for repost but no one so far has been able to help me, not even apple support emails so im calling 2moro but lol. so heres my problem. im on software 1.14 and im trying to update to my PAID FOR 2.0 software. unfortunately whenever i try this i get an error 13. if i try it in dfu mode i get error 1601. everything goes normally in the process untill it gets to preparing ipod for restore, where it just kinda freezes in the first third of the process and wont progress any farther and than of course error 13. i also noticed than when i restore to my 1.14 firmware that there is a little spining weel underneath the apple logo, this does NOT appear when i am upgrading/restoring to my 2.0 ive tried dif computers dif accounts dif usb ports restarting uninstalling redownloading restoring, EVERYTHING i can think of, i even deleted sum stuff off my harddrive like the only useful peice of information on the itunes support email suggested me to so i had at least 32 gigs of free space for my ipod backup (32 gig touch) PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry i neglected to mention that i downloaded alot of beta 2.0 firmwares as well and tried to update to them, the only one that worked was sumthing sumthing 240d firmware for some reason, but itunes says it is out of date and i must update it and my ipod was stuck with the recovery mode screen but with a pink background. i also tried 345 firmware and 225 firmware but neither of those worked either. error 13. god dammit
  2. irosa1

irosa1 New Member

i have this exact same problem, looked around at other threads but have not found a fixt yet
    :c
  3. da_misfits

da_misfits New Member

ive had this problem before, except with a different firmware...

plug your ipod into your computer and try to force recover your ipod by holding down the power and menu button at the same time until it turns off. Wait about 1 second when it turns off and let go of the power button still holding the menu button...

be patient, this will take about 25-30 seconds for your computer to recognize the ipod. When it does, restore and update your ipod. if it gives the error, keep trying! i know it might seem hopeless, but i had to re-try over and over up to 5 times before it worked
  4. theroughguide

theroughguide New Member

5. irosa1

irosa1 New Member

i have tried the method with holding down the power and menu button at the same time and then updating
    i tried to do it around 20 times.
    : c
    no luck
    thanks anyway
  6. theroughguide

theroughguide New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think I found the solution, after the update for software 2.0 it failed on restore with the error (6)

I tried the DFU and was looking for the (.ipsw) file which was nowhere to be found so I downloaded it from another site. (bearing in mind that I had already paid for the 2.0 software)

placed it on my desktop and then did the manual restore again and its worked a treat. only things I have lost are the music etc every other setting seems to be there.
  7. deadlyscotty

deadlyscotty New Member

hmm maybe ill try placing the software on my desktop and trying it than....
    although i never got error 6 it was error 13
    nope this time it was error 1601
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Instead of restoring using Restore Mode, use DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode.

To place your iPod touch into DFU Mode, you can do so three ways:

A) Manually. Hold sleep/home buttons until the iPod touch turns off. Wait 1/2 seconds and let go of power button.
    B) In iLiberty+, under the 'Other Tools' tab, select 'Enter DFU Mode'.
    C) In ZiPhone, select 'Prepare for Upgrade'.
  9. deadlyscotty

deadlyscotty New Member

done dfu mode alreday a bunch of times just keeps giving me inconsistent errors 13 1601 1603 6 10 like wtf......