Cant Update apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justan, Mar 26, 2009.

1. justan

justan New Member

So I went to update a few apps today. Im on my computer in itunes. I go and click on "Updates Available" the thing at the top says "Accessing itunes store" and has the loading bar. It loads for a while than finally says-

"We could not complete your iTunes store request. The network connection was reset.

Make sure your network connection is active and try again."

Why is it doing this?

I can connect to the itunes store just fine. Whats going on?

Also, will my apps successfully update if they are in categories? Or will I need to remove them from categories to update?

Thanks,

Justan
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    you cannot update apps while you have them in categories folders. to update theme, you have to remove them from the folders, update them, then place them back in the folders
  3. EvilDuck

EvilDuck New Member

Categories doesnt stop me updating, I updated iShoot just a minute ago even though its in a Categories folder. It sounds like a network problem. If their are no updates available iTunes tells you that, so its not Categories.
  4. justan

justan New Member

Ok I'm getting mad. I can't update on my iPod or computer! I can access the app store on both but can't see any of my updates and I have 26. It said something about my network. What's going on?
  5. silentmatt

silentmatt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm having a similar problem - except, iTunes will download the update. When I go to sync, I get an error that it cannot be copied over.
    To install the update, I have to delete the application on the iPod and install it fresh from iTunes... which is annoying.
    Nothing is in folders, although I do have the App Store hidden from my springboard... Wonder if that might be the cause?
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    on the 2G? mine works fine
  7. silentmatt

silentmatt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yup, on the 2G. Everything else seems to work fine - except for being able to update applications. Next time iTunes finds an update, I'll post the exact error message it gives. Weird, eh?