Can't update App Store apps properly (and iTunes thinks my ipod is an iphone)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by felixen, Jan 5, 2009.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Most of the time after I got 2.2 iTunes thinks I have an iPhone. Sometimes though when I sync and it does the backup file thing, it'll go back to realize I have an ipod touch (which I do, 1G that is). I also have this problem where App Store apps wont update. I hit update on an app and it goes out to the springboard as usual, and I get the install bar under the icon, but it just says "waiting". It sucks worse that AIDS

And then I try connecting my iPod to my iTunes and update my apps in iTunes, which seems to work fine... BUT when I then try to sync them I get some damn error message saying the apps couldn't be transfered to my "iPhone" (wish I had one...). So I gotta delete all the apps that has an update out and then install them again just to get the newest version..

BLAH BLAH BLAH right.. the reason I type all this sh*t with the itunes thinking I have an iphone is because I never had this problem until my iTunes started thinking I had an iPhone (which was after I got a jailbroken 2.2, never had problems with earlier jailbroken versions).. So I'm thinking if the problem may be caused from itunes thinking my ipod is an iphone somehow? iAIDS
  2. koyote1978

koyote1978 New Member

Wish I had an answer. If also had itunes showing my ipod touch as an iphone once or twice, but not regularly. Is it possible that this is caused by choosing the wrong ipsw file during jailbreak?
  3. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In response to koyote1978, iTunes will not let you update (or restore) an iPod with an iPhone .ipsw. You will get 'Error 6'.
    In response to felixen, did you try restoring your device?
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nah, Im getting sick of restoring

Please Register or Log in to view images

Its really annoying that I cant update apps on the iPod, but I can live with it. I'll just wait until the next firmware comes out and gets jailbroken, then I will restore. But do you guys think that iTunes thinking my ipod is an iphone has anything to do with me no being able to update apps on the ipod without deleting them and installing them again? As I said, it always says "iPod" in the upper left corner of my iPod, so its only itunes that says its an iPhone