Can't update App Store apps properly (and iTunes thinks my ipod is an iphone)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by felixen, Jan 2, 2009.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Most of the time after I got 2.2 iTunes thinks I have an iPhone. Sometimes though when I sync and it does the backup file thing, it'll go back to realize I have an ipod touch (which I do, 1G that is). I also have this problem where App Store apps wont update. I hit update on an app and it goes out to the springboard as usual, and I get the install bar under the icon, but it just says "waiting". It sucks worse that AIDS

And then I try connecting my iPod to my iTunes and update my apps in iTunes, which seems to work fine... BUT when I then try to sync them I get some damn error message saying the apps couldn't be transfered to my "iPhone" (wish I had one...). So I gotta delete all the apps that has an update out and then install them again just to get the newest version..

BLAH BLAH BLAH right.. the reason I type all this sh*t with the itunes thinking I have an iphone is because I never had this problem until my iTunes started thinking I had an iPhone (which was after I got a jailbroken 2.2, never had problems with earlier jailbroken versions).. So I'm thinking if the problem may be caused from itunes thinking my ipod is an iphone somehow? iAIDS
  2. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Okay, what probably happened is you initiated telephony in the .plist, or something of that sort. When you plug it in, it's thinking it's an iPhone. Restore to the latest firmware and re-sync everything. It should work fine after that. I know, it's a pain. But, it is worth it over time.
  3. stecklars

stecklars New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have got the problem with updating, too. But it wont shows wait... it shows loading / installing but when its already at installing the blue loading bars are still not moving...
    But i wont restore so i wont upgrade
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    word most of the time mine says Loading or Installing too.. when I wrote this post though it said waiting.

rmc, so you think that this error (itunes thinking its an iphone) is related to the apps not able to install?

also, it still says iPod in the upper left corner of my iPod, so its only in iTunes its messed up.. Im waiting to restore until the next firmware comes out though