Can't turn on my jailbroken iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by andy.pross, Feb 17, 2009.

1. andy.pross

andy.pross New Member

I jailbroke my Touch yesterday & everything was great. I did it on my Vista 64-bit computer at home, and now I'm at work on a computer running XP & I had to restart my Touch, but it won't turn back on.

I'm aware of how to restart it normally & did it on my home computer just fine, but I'm at a loss of what to do here. The computer won't recognize it, I've downloaded the installer I used to jailbreak it at home & tried to get it going through that, but nothing's working.

Any suggestions?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Look here and try jailbreaking your iPod again.
  3. andy.pross

andy.pross New Member

Thanks, but I found that thread yesterday & it didn't help, my Touch was completely dead & I couldn't get it on no matter what I did.

It's working fine now though, since I was able to boot it just fine once I was able to plug it into my home computer. Is there anyway to load it on other computers aside the one you jailbroke it on?
  4. ipodtouch12321

ipodtouch12321 New Member

you are talking about the tethered jailbreak right?

If you are you have to istall libusb on the computer you want to boot it from
  5. andy.pross

andy.pross New Member

Yeah, tethered. I installed libusb on my work computer yesterday & wasn't working.