Can't transfer videos from a second PC to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abdu, Apr 10, 2009.

1. abdu

abdu New Member

I have an iPhone which is synced with a PC. I have another PC and I am trying to transfer videos from it to the iPhone. iTunes is not letting me transfer. When I choose the option to sync manually, I get a prompt about everything on the iPhone will be erased. A NO NO!

I tried a couple third party transfer tool TouchCopy and it seems I can't watch the transferred videos on the iPhone. I used another one from ImTOO and it keeps erroring out.

Anyone knows how to transfer videos from a second PC without affecting what's already on the iPhone?
  2. abdu

abdu New Member

3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You'll have to change it to sync manually. It won't erase everything but you might have to reload some stuff to the iPhone.

I believe once it is setup to do manually you can add music from other computers without a problem.
  4. abdu

abdu New Member

iTunes sais it will delete some stuff. Because I don't know what it will dselete I am not taking the risk. A guy from an Apple store said I have to use the same PC it synced with.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

With the phone synced to a PC it wants to stay synced to that PC. If you tell it that you want to manually manage music it will lose sync with that PC. It has been awhile since I've gone through the process but I believe the worse case is that it will delete the music on your phone and that is it. I am not certain if it will actually delete the music but I am certain that it will not delete any more than the music.
  6. jek

jek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    iPhone Browser, it allows file transfer between iPhones/iPod Touches manually. So you will have to find your videos folder but you can do whatever you want. You can also use this to mod your device.