can't sync with itunes after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by babolatpdtp@gmail.com, Oct 12, 2007.

1. babolatpdtp@gmail.com

babolatpdtp@gmail.com New Member

I used the new updated jailbreaker for the iPod Touch and all the apps work. But now I can't sync music! Help please? I can't sync to my iTunes

Nevermind. Erase this threat. All fixed
  2. rutsy5

rutsy5 New Member

wait... how did you fix it? I'd like to know!
  3. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

You need to make sure you put the mobiledevice.dll file (that you moved at the beginning) back to it's original folder.
  4. rutsy5

rutsy5 New Member

thanks, but that didnt seem to fix it; i never moved it in the first place, just copy+paste
  5. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Ok. What error are you getting?
  6. rutsy5

rutsy5 New Member

sorry, should have been more clear.
    Starting with a freshly restored iPod I did a full 74-step jailbreak, got some apps, w/e. now when i plug it into iTunes it says I have 300MB of space. It is my understanding this is a different partition, made accessible by the .tiff hack. how do i get i to sync normally (without restoring it and losing all my hard work)?
    thanks
  7. rjnwheels

rjnwheels New Member

get the sync back

i did the exploit thing, got all the way thru the jailbreak, but it just wouldn't install right. tried to sync. got the same message as above.
    I went to settings , reset the touch (erase everything and reset defaults), then restored through itunes, sync is back, this hack isn't ready yet, better to wait.
  8. rutsy5

rutsy5 New Member

yeah so how do you go through with a jailbreak and end up with 3rd party apps and itunes syncing.

one question to ask those who have syncing and JB: if you do "cd /" and then "ls" in terminal, what do you see? i get a list of folders from Applications to var. during a previous JB, i got it to only have a few items...
  9. rutsy5

rutsy5 New Member

Delete this thread unless it might be of some use to people with the same problem

my problem was that i missed the step where you change Mediaold to Media... boy do I feel silly now.