Can't sync contacts or calendar

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by philrose, Jun 11, 2008.

1. philrose

philrose New Member

Hi all, this is my first post.

I decided to start syncing on my desktop instead of my laptop and so tried to do so. Now, on both machines, it gets to 'Syncing Contacts' and just sits and spins its wheels there and never moves on until I cancel it. If I select not to sync contacts it does the same on calendar. I am syncing through Yahoo contacts and Outlook. Can anyone help me? What should I do? Oh boo hoo. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Phil

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    On the ipod summary, go to info and scroll down to Advanced and check the replace information on this ipod
  3. webwude

webwude New Member

Since updating to 2.0, i can't sync my contacts / calendar anymore, even if i mark to replace them...

any ideas?

Greetings,
    ww
  4. C45E

C45E New Member

this has also happened to me, I have upgraded my touch to 2.0 and now i cannot sync from outlook on my pc ??
  5. tdp1018

tdp1018 New Member

"On the ipod summary, go to info and scroll down to Advanced and check the replace information on this ipod"

i've tried that and this still happens with me (outlook calendar only) and i'm usin 2.2
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    this worked (to properly sync calendar)...
    I believe that I found the cure:
    It is all about the *pst file in Outlook or reseting the Sync History

outlook 2007
    Windows XP

I don't know why contacts sync without problem and calendar does not.
    This is how I successfully cured the glitch.

1. Go to i-Tunes and reset Sync History, close i-Tunes.
    2. Check Time and Date in Outlook to confirm same settings with your I-pod touch or i-phone
    3. Find your *.pst file that holds all of your exchange date
    4. It should be called "Outlook.pst" and should reside in the folder C:
    Documents and Settings\USERNAME (whatever your name or the name of your organization)\Application\Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.
    5. If you can't locate this file, do a new calendar entry, close outlook and search for *.pst. The one file with the newest date is the file you want - wherever it might might reside. Save this file to a directory, where you can find it again and copy it to the directory above.
    6. Save to a secure place any *.pst file you found.
    7. Don't worry all files are still there - to rebuild your Outlook Calendar
    8. Open Outlook and if it prompts that it cannot find the file, direct it to your outlook.pst in the directory quoted above.
    9. At this time you might also want to put the backup.pst in the same directory - and do a backup in outlook. Remember all the files are still save, wherever you put them
    10. After you found that all your calendar entries are in tact - and outlook knows where to find them - you might want to add a "new test date - like "breakfast" two days down the road.
    11. Open i-Tunes, connect your i-Phone, i-Pod touch and open the device.
    12. Go to Info and uncheck any other sync than calendar (Photo, Contacts, mail accounts)
    13. Scroll to advanced and check Replace information Calendars
    14. Check "all Calendars" and do a "Sync"
    15. Open your i-Phone / i-Pod touch an and go to calendars. You might end up with two calendars. One should be empty and one should ave all of your Outlook calendar entries. Check for the one, that you put in as a test. You don't have to keep Outlook open during the sync!
    16. I'm still trying to figure out, how to delete / or close the empty calendar, but that should not be the major concern, as long as you have all your appointments transferred from Outlook.

Many of hours spent, Apple still has not come up with an explanation or fix, though it worked for me. Hopefully this will get you on the right track

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks
    keysMAM from Apple.com > Support > Discussions > iPod touch > Connecting iPod touch to Windows
  6. bping

bping New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Found solution!

Hi Guys,

managed to find the solution to this annoying problem in Outlook. I am syncing my notes and calendar again!

IN OUTLOOK 2007

GO TO TOOLS
    ACCOUNT SETTINGS
    DATA FILES
    PUT PERSONAL FOLDERS AS DEFAULT
    SYNC IPOD

THAT'S IT.

For some reason this was changed and iTunes didn't like it!!!!
  7. mkolar

mkolar New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Syncing contacts with Ipod Touch 3g

Found this thread and looking for help in syncing contacts I have placed in outlook 2007. I am considering the purchase of ACT 2010 and use it as my contact manager, but I am concerned that IPod will not sync with ACT. If I use ACT, will I need to first sync with Outlook and then sync with Ipod? If so, I do not want the hassle and will just use Outlook and sync to Ipod. Would appreciate any response from anyone using ACT who can let me know if I can sync from ACT directly to IPod Touch. ACT does not show up as a sync option in iTunes.
  8. lesley1966

lesley1966 New Member

I can't sync my contacts. I've been doing it through iTunes for over a year. I've just upgraded to iTunes 9.2.1.4 and iPod software version 4.1 (should've left it on 3.x). I needed to restore but can't remember why, now. Heck it was a few days ago! Now it won't sync my contacts. I've checked the Info settings, which has a tick against Sync Contacts with Google contacts, have checked the configuration data which is correct, have re-entered the password (incidentally, the box always comes up empty, ie without a line of dots - is that right?) and tried and tried several times. I've searched the Apple forums and this forum and can't see a solution. Some of the contacts are missing and some have doubled up. Help somebody please!
    Ta

Lesley
  9. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First: This thread has suffered huge bumps..

Go to the iDevice in iTunes, and go to the 'Other' Tab.
  10. lesley1966

lesley1966 New Member

There isn't an "other" tab under the iDevice, just Info, which I have already mentioned.

Lesley