Can't switch off my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by utternutter, Aug 9, 2009.

1. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Had some trouble switching on my iPod, but after several times it switched on. Later in the day when I went to switch it off it wouldn't.

I can't switch it off or put it on standby either. It's like the on/off switch isn't working.

Help!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It's not jailbroken or anything. I'm also worried that if I manage to switch if off, I may not be able to switch it on again. What should I do?
  2. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i was going to ask you: have you tried to respring? but i see your's not jailbroken. i think the power button is broken. my ipod touch 2g is like 9 months old but the volume buttons already started to malfunction

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mine's a few months old too

Please Register or Log in to view images

should I contact apple then?
  4. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, you should. i couldnt becouse i bought it (actually was for my birthday) from another country without any payment bills or such :/ . if you're under warrant. you should, iguess
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you should definitely take it to apple and they will most likely replace it....otherwise, just keep your screen lock on as short as you can and never turn it off.....you might run into some other situations where you will need the power button, so i dont recommend that....
  6. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing now. I'll take it in to an Apple store, I guess.

Hate having to lose all the data saved in my productivity apps - I have loads of them, if they have to restore or replace it. Is there any way to back up those?