Can't SSH into my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by YoGrant, Feb 4, 2008.

1. YoGrant

YoGrant New Member

Hi guys! I just recently jailbroke 1.1.3. I used ipodtouchmaster's jailbreak and all went fine. Except, I installed OpenSSH, and can't seem to connect to it using Fugu. It says: @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
    I am typing in my IP address perfectly, and the username is root. Any ideas?

-Thanks!!!
  2. thorracing160

thorracing160 New Member

that happened to me uninstall SSH and try if that doesnt work then reinstall SSH
  3. YoGrant

YoGrant New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, but it didn't work. I was kind of tired of all the 1.1.3. jailbreak crap. I downgraded back to 1.1.1. and I am super happy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, thanks!
  4. tesna

tesna New Member

that's because when u upgrading the openssh server generates new key, therefore the ssh client displays that warning. Usually there's option to proceed or not, if u're using mac/linux u need to delete the saved keys but I forgot the location of the files. The simplest solution is to give ur ipod new IP then try to connect to the new IP
  5. moler

moler New Member

What password did you use? After 1.1.3 jailbreak my personal password changed to the default one: alpine. For ip addres you have to look at the wi/fi settings as the router can assign you a diferent one.
  6. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

thats coz u uninstalled and reinstalled. or updated.

Lets see. Do this:
    1. Show hidden files. Open terminal, copy this text and paste it, press enter.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

2.Go to your username or home, then you will see a hidden folder named ssh, you will probably see one file that pertains to the iPod. delete it.

3.Open terminal again and do the same in step 1, but use this instead.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

killall Finder