Can't SSH into my iPod!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by zimm069, Jan 15, 2009.

1. zimm069

zimm069 New Member

can't SSH into my iPod with WinSCP. Firmware 2.2 jailbroken with cydia and installer. I've installed open ssh and boss prefs, make sure my laptop and ipod are both in the same LAN... I'm doing EVERYTHING the tutorials show but doesn't work.

Please HELP

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

first suggestion is to turn the ssh off in bossprefs and then the wifi then turn wifi on then ssh on to see if that works.

if that does not work you could alternatively try ssh via USB with the following winscp settings.

it may not connect first time so hit reconnect a few times, eventually if it worked you may get a popup window on screen with hopefully an update button on, hit update and it should connect and your good to go.

Attached Files:

3. zimm069

zimm069 New Member

Tried both of 'em but still can't connect. with the usb config you posted it appears the following error message:

"Network error: Connection refused"

any idea?
    thanks!
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

yeh i get that sometimes too i just keep hitting reconnect i have had to do it about 10 times once b4 it would connect
  5. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    andybno1 your USB cfg is very fishy

how you can connect to USB by localhost (127.0.0.1 = your computer) without extra apps? :> there must be a server first if you want to connect to something.... and server that you trying to connect is on iPod. Also if i know official Apple drivers don't do anything with your network (except Bonjour protocols) and specially not forwarding servers ports from iPod to computer, also doing such whing with prime port numbers (1-1024) is incorrect thing to do

So andybno1, are you sure that theres no extra apps need it? :>
    I think he have higher chances to connect to SSH using iPod IP address, also zimm069 make sure you pick SFTP protocol instead of SCP :>
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

I got iPhone Tunnel off here theres a launcher.exe file that is on here too, I have used this launcher.exe file which loads winscp but I have also skipped that file and gone manually into iPhone Tunnel manuall selected winscp and it connects fine.

the new version doesn't need this exe file as it auto sets up for USB or wifi
  7. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But you didn't tell him to do iPhone tunnel first ^^'
  8. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

so I slipped up

sue me lol

this is the new settings window for iPhone Tunnel

Attached Files:

9. ipodskater

ipodskater New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    im having the same problem. i cant ssh into my ipod and i used to before i updated from 2.1 to 2.2

does any one have any other ideas? no of these worked for me. should i just go back to 2.1?
  10. zimm069

zimm069 New Member

Well, it seemes that the only way is Downloading "iPhone Tunnel Suite" and use iTunnel to connect via USB. It worked with my jailbroken 2.2 iPod and iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7

at the end, wifi connection never worked. Thanks for the USB idea, its the same and connects faster =)