Can't SSH, can't install.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bichiliad, May 18, 2008.

1. bichiliad

bichiliad New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had some (a lot) of problems with my iPod recently. I jailbroke with ZiPhone and it worked fine for a while. Then, I started getting a lot of "Main Script Execution Failed" errors and restored my iPod. However, before and after the restore, I could not connect to my iPod with WinSCP. It seems as though, after I restored it and then rejailbroke it, BSD subsystems and OpenSSH are both already installed. Whenever I try to connect, I get an error message reading:

"Server Unexpectedly Closed the Network Connection."

Thats everything that is reported. I'd really like to get this working so I can reinstall installer (it keeps crashing when it gets to the "installing" part of adding an app, and thus I can't get terminal on my iPod).

I'm running windows vista x86
    Core2 Duo T5250
    2 gigs of ram

16 gig iPod touch running 1.1.3 jailbroken.
  2. bichiliad

bichiliad New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It might also be important to note that for the first hour or so with the restored iPod, I successfully installed the 1.1.3 apps pack, iSlsk, iPlot, SynchStep, Sketches, and MobileScrobbler. It would REALLY be nice to get SSH working, so I can finally use iSlsk (there's currently a FirewireGUID error with it).
  3. kafilemarduk

kafilemarduk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah also i have the same problem. first i jailbroke my ipod with old ziphone and i can ssh. then it gave the main script error so i restore my ipod and jailbroke with new ziphone. when i look at the installer, there was openssh and bsd 2.0 already ... and now i cant ssh ... any fix ?? ( i think the problem is new ziphone )
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Have you installed BossPrefs to make sure SSH is on and have you reset your router?