Can't slide to unlock or to power off

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skenderbeu, Apr 3, 2009.

1. skenderbeu

skenderbeu New Member

i can't slide the arrow to unlock or to power off the touch screen is not working. i did a fresh restore .

when i press home it make a nose like is taking a picture
    any one else had this problem????????????????
  2. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What theme are you using? Either its the theme or you have a dead section of your iPod. Sometimes the layer that allows touch breaks due to electrical interference, and it stops working. It's rare, but has been known to happen due to the way that the iPod's screen works fundamentally. I could go on and explain, but that would take a while. Just rerestore first, then take to an Apple Store.
  3. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    my cousins iphone's bottom quarter of screen stopped working or responding to touch twice, i think it is probably the way he handled it (carelessly - dropping, scratching it, etc)

he sent it back to the apple store the first time and they just gave him a new phone which i think shows that it is not worth the money fixing which means its probably the whole touch screen surface that is broken:/

have you got the ipod to turn on? like go onto the homescreen/springboard? if so does the middle section of the screen work?

hope you get it fixed
  4. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The picture function usually happens when you press both power and home.. I think send it back to Apple.
  5. Ineedhelpnow

Ineedhelpnow New Member

Hey umm okay i cant slide to unlock either but heres what happend
    Today i was waiting for my bus and it was hot out and these guys wer throwing water balloons and one of them hit me and hit the side of me which my ipod was and i didnt think of it but wen i got home it tried to slide to unlock and didnt work so i tried to turn it off but couldnt slide to power off either so i forced turn it off by holding home and power button for a few seconds.
    then i turned it back on and still didnt work then i tried to slide to power off and it worked so i turned it back on and nothing works now any help.
    soz for the long thread