Can't seem to get iTunes to reconize DFU mode again.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Epont, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Epont

Epont New Member

I had everything working fine before. I even rebooted and got winterboard working before but now when I attempt to boot into DFU mode (my douchebag friend click the shutdown button after I said that it won't boot up again) I instantly get an "USB Device Not Reconized" message from Windows instead of the normal "Detected Apple iPod DFU Mode" message. However this does mean it's not bricked so I figure there is a way to fix this. I tried killing applemobile and ipodservice as well as restarting. I also tried with and without itunes running already. Any ideas as to how to get back into DFU mode? I figure the problem might be its already 'on' but not in DFU mode so I need a way to turn it back off and boot into DFU.

Thanks for any help

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope this problem isn't that serious (probably isn't)
  2. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please search the forums before posting, it isn't serious, we get posts like these daily. Just be accurate, I had this problem before. Just keep trying to get into DFU Mode.
  3. Epont

Epont New Member

I've spent the last three days searching the forums but they all lead to posts saying to search the forums. For the next person who is on this searches sake perhaps you could provide information that would help fix this problem.

I was also wondering if there was anything such as removing the apple DFU driver (the one installed automatically when you first put it into DFU) would help the situation at all.
  4. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nah..it's pretty easy to get your touch up and running again. Just hold power+home until you hear a ding on your comp, then release the power button but stay with the home button until you hear another ding. It should pick up on DFU.
  5. Epont

Epont New Member

I've put it into DFU mode countless times before. However now there is no 'ding' and windows simply doesn't recognize that the iPod is in DFU mode. Being that I fixed this issue before by reformatting I'm guessing there's a problem with the usb recognizing the driver (Dell seems to suffer in this department).
  6. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, substitute the ding for the USB message(usb error) that is supposed to appear on the bottom right corner.
  7. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Hmm I'm having a similar problem, I'm on a different computer (Dell) than my usual booter and I've been putting it into DFU mode like 15 times. Do I need to have iTunes installed or something?
  8. Epont

Epont New Member

Yes, you need iTunes.
  9. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Install iTunes just in case. I don't think it's needed though, just follow what was provided above, it worked for me.
  10. Epont

Epont New Member

Alright I got it working

Thanks for your help.

Here's what I did:
    Stop all apple related services
    Rebooted computer
    Restarted all apple related services
    Opened DFU mode (see post by unknown1337 above)

Thanks again