Can't See Install Tab in Cydia/Installer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tgunz83, Dec 14, 2008.

1. tgunz83

tgunz83 New Member

Hi All -

I just today used QuickPwn 2.2 to jailbreak my 1st gen iPod touch which I had upgraded to 2.2 through iTunes beforehand.

Everything looked like it went ok, and I installed OpenSSH using Cydia and I was successfully able to connect to the Touch using WinSCP on my laptop. I placed the .app file of an application I downloaded in the /Applications folder of the home directory.

All tutorials I tried following then directed me to open Installer/Cydia and install the application using the 'Install' tab on the toolbar. One problem - I don't have that tab. I was able to install OpenSSH using Cydia and it's search function - but I can't figure out how to install the app i SFTP'd over.

Is there a problem with my Installer/Cydia install? Or am I using a newer version of Install/Cydia which don't have an install tab? Help?

Thanks,
    Tommy
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On the new Cydia made for firmwares 2.x, you install things from the "Sections" tab, it's the second tab. You can uninstall things from the "Manage" tab, for future reference.
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

were do i find this 'manage'?

something happened and it said to reinstall cydia but were do i find this manage tab to fix it?
  4. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Omg dont bring up old threads