iOS 4.0 Can't restore...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by stanleybridgeboy, Apr 19, 2010.

1. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

I'm on leopard with the latest iTunes.

I downloaded 4.0 with Safari and it reads it as a zip I think, I tried changing it back with the .ipsw extension but iTunes reads it as seperate folders... what do I do??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Got past that...

Now I get ERROR 14
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Don't download using Safari. Try using Chrome or Firefox.

Safari will automatically make it into a .zip file, or something like that. It will mess it up.
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I had a Mac it made it a .zip every time. Just use Firefox, Chrome, Opera, or anything else. Oh and for error 14, try recovery and DFU mode restores.
  4. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I'm using VMWare and 10.5.5 with the latest iTunes.

I downloaded the firmware from Firefox in my Windows 7, then put it on a CD and loaded it that way through iTunes - iTunes read the .IPSW no problem, verified it and then when it goes to "preparing for iPhone for Restore" and it re-boots whenever it booted back up it would never do the actual restore...

I have a feeling it's something to do with the drivers; It pops outta VM back into Windows.. I think.
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yeah, virtual machines never go well when you are trying to use a device. Try a dual boot hackint0sh or ask someone if you can use their Mac for a few minutes.