Can't restore.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bamboo, Oct 13, 2007.

1. bamboo

bamboo New Member

So i screwed up and now when I try to restore, it gives me the -50 unknown error. I have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling, reinstalling itunes but it's just not working. I followed the summerboard 1.1.1 guide that told me to install summerboard from the installer and then to uninstall pogo, which i did, but then I pressed the home button and it was loading at the UI, and wouldn't stop. So I rebooted my touch and now it's messed up and I have no idea what to do. I tried the hold home/sleep button manual restore but when I go into itunes it says that it has detected a ipod in recovery mode and I should restore it, so I press restore but it gives me the error. If anyone could help me I would be so greatful. Thanks.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

If you frinish going through the instructions, and make sure everything is exactly right. If even the smallest thing is off, then your iPod won't work.

But, if you are intent on simply restoring, simply put your iPod into recovery mode (no, recovery mode is not restore mode). Once in recovery mode, iTunes will be able to reconnect and will restore your iPod.
  3. bamboo

bamboo New Member

how do I go into recovery mode? I couldn't finish the guide because the touch hung at the apple when i had to reboot it after I uninstalled pogostick