cant restore my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hazzah, Mar 29, 2009.

1. hazzah

hazzah New Member

im trying to unjailbreak cos i cant be bothered to worry about the tethered jailbreak (i've had some problems with it). i cant restore to my original firmware cos when i open the thing i downloaded from the net, it has no ipsw (which you need to restore, right?) so how can i restore to it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    have you tried opening up iTunes and pressing restore? And there is an untethered jailbreak now
  3. hazzah

hazzah New Member

yes, and the ctrl + alt thing aswell, but when i go ctrl + alt there is nothing to restore to, what do i select after ctrl + alt? also, i cant be bothered with the untethered, just too much hassle, thanks for your reply.

4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    what do you mean ctrl + alt? To download the 2.2.1 firmware offline and shift click restore, a menu box should pop up, navigate to where you downloaded and double click
  5. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    restrore in itunes
  6. HM82

HM82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need to download the 2.2.1 firmware from a reliable source. After you do this, search the downloaded material and locate the 2.2.1 ipsw. After you find it, open iTunes and connect your iPod touch 2g. You should now put your iPod into dfu mode. Your iPod should be recognized by itunes as it being in recovery mode. Locate the restore button in iTunes and while holding down shift, click the restore button. A popul will prompt you to open a firmware, navigate to your downloaded 2.2.1 ipsw and click open. iTunes should then begin to restore your iPod to original settings and original firmware. Like right out of the box!
  7. hazzah

hazzah New Member

thats my problem, i have downloaded it from several different sites, but none of them has an ipsw in the folder. wth? does it matter if im doing it on the computer which my ipod was not first installed on? do i need to use the computer which i used to first set up my ipod? the thing is none of the folders have any ipsws, just a whole heap of other stuff which looks pretty useless.
  8. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    download the 2.2.1 official f/w for the ipod touch.
    just click restore. make sure the ipod is plugged and recognized by itunes.
  9. hazzah

hazzah New Member

ok i got it, thanks
  10. KeneticSight

KeneticSight New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is insanely offtopic but LOL i use that as my id for alot of things.
    im talking about hazzah

i guess im not alone on making random id's it feels wierd seeing my highly used id being used by some1 else............. alright yeah sorry for going off topic its just weird to me.................