iPhone 3GS Can't restore Jailbroken iPhone 3GS, need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SmilerAl, Jul 19, 2009.

1. SmilerAl

SmilerAl New Member

I bought my new iPhone 3GS yesterday, after a while of playing with the settings decided to jailbreak it using Redsn0w on Windows XP, the phone service (O2) had yet to activate so I couldn't make no phone calls, now after 24 hours O2 have said it should be working fine now, but it still isn't. So I tried to restore my iPhone back to it's original settings, but it said the firmware file was corrupt after downloading the 3.0 FW. Please any suggestions how to fix this?
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If it is saying that the firmware is corrupt then it most likely is. I recommend that you delete your old firmware file, Then download a firmware file again (Save it to your Desktop). After that, You need to go into iTunes. Plug in your device and just Shift+Click Restore and select your firmware from your desktop.

Here is the firmware download link. (Note to everyone, Posting this file is NOT illegal since iPhone user's do not have to pay for the firmware)

Click Here To Download iPhone 3GS Firmware 3.0
  3. SmilerAl

SmilerAl New Member

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Please Help!!!

I can't restore my new iphone 3gs...please give me any suggestion of how to restore it? thank you