can't restore ipod

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by captnsan0, Jun 12, 2008.

1. captnsan0

captnsan0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SO i was trying to change my boot logo and put it into restore mode like it told me to when winpwn crashed on me. My ipod is still in restore mode and I've been trying to restore it via iTunes but no luck so far. It continues to say "iPod cannot be restored, unknown error..."

Anyone have a fix for this problem?
  2. bobomaster13

bobomaster13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you restoring from the Custom firmware? If you are try to Restore and update.
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    try restarting the computer and changing usb ports and restore to the stock firmware
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You may have to resort to force restoring it; you can do so by simply pressing a button in iLiberty+ or ZiPhone, or do so manually. Read my iPod touch Reference for further information on force restore mode, if you don't know how.
  5. captnsan0

captnsan0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow i got it. My computer was in restore mode and iTunes couldn't restore it because it couldnt recognize it. McAfee was blocking access to Apple Mobile Device...weird that it did that all of a sudden.
  6. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

crap that's a hard one... WinPwn changes the internal boot data when changing the boot logo... If it crashed, it could have done some serious damage... My only suggestion is bringing it to the Apple store. TELL THEM THAT YOU HAVE NO 3RD PARTY APPLICATIONS ON IT!!!