Cant restore iPod!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by eco21, Oct 11, 2007.

1. eco21

eco21 New Member

Hi,
    Downloaded and read all baout jailbreak over last 24 hours, was going to start doing this so thought I would restore iPod - connection to iTunes is good but when I click on restore ipod or check for updates a error message appears saying

Itunes could not contact the iPod software update server becasue you are not connected to the internet
    Make sure your internet connection is active and try again

I ran the diagnostics and it said that Network Interface Status and connection to itunes are both green lights but 'internet connection status' is red

Now i know it is not letting em update or restore ipod and dont want to jailbreak it unless i know i can restore it should something go wrong

Has anyone else came across this, and how to solve it, on windows xp and error appears both via wifi and cable

Thanks
  2. DannySmurf

DannySmurf New Member

Well, really, if you're not going to jailbreak unless you know you can restore your device, then you probably shouldn't jailbreak at all.

If something goes wrong partway into the process and you can't manually get it back to a previous state, you will have a brick. And iTunes will NOT restore it for you (it won't even see it as a valid iPod).

There's also no guarantee that it will restore after a successful jailbreak.
  3. picaso

picaso New Member