Can't restore iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rastout, Sep 27, 2008.

1. rastout

rastout New Member

Hi,

I've search all over these forums ands other websites looking for an answer to this, but every solution given hasn't worked so far.

Basically I can't restore my Touch. I have tried every single method but when the iPod goes to restore I always get an unknown error occuring. I've tried restoring on several other computers to the same result.

My iPod frequently shows vertal stripes on the screen and hardly ever turns on (when I say turns on, I mean shows a white screen).

It's currently sitting in DFU mode and i'm all out of ideas. Any clues?
  2. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    something similar happened to me so i took it to the apple store got it fixed in 30 mins the guy said i might have to reinstall windows since it might be a driver problem i said fine and brought it back home plugged it in and it worked fine till i tried to restore i got unknown errors. so i said hmhm well i guess jailbreaking is over for me. so for 2 weeks i only used it for what it was meant to be used until my rich uncle came from mexico. he said my ipod and right away said ill give you 300 for it but you have to put me some music in it (in spanish of course) so i immediatley said yes since thats what it cost me i bought another one same thing only new and tried to jaibreak this one IT WORKED!!
    so heres my tip:sell it to your rich uncle from mexico city and get another one ahahaha