Can't restore iPod touch 8GB 3.0 back to normal

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Hellsent, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Hellsent

Hellsent New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, hi guys, I managed to get the 3.0 beta and was using on the latest iTunes beta...But I want to restore my iPod now as all of my apps don't open anymore...

So I tried restoring on the beta iTunes and it didn't work, so I uninstalled iTunes and installed 8.2, then tried a restore again but it still did not work..

I am slightly peed off as I can't access any of my apps apart from the default ones...Not really sure why...

I have also tried on a different computer...Sadly I don't have a Mac to try it on

Please Register or Log in to view images

The iPod just does not show up in iTunes. Please help me out

Thanks in Advance
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

you cant restore a beta. especially if you got it from a *******, so now you have to wait for the official release of 3.0, then get that.
  3. Hellsent

Hellsent New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply I was gettign worried, at least it's coming out soon, but I have managed to get the apps to work, just had to re install them

Thanks for the help.
  4. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can easily. Use Youtube. Firstly i have a MAC but i could only get this to work on Windows XP. Restore to 2.2.1 and you get that error. Open Quickpwn on XP and tell you to go into DFU mode. Once you do this it is fixed

Edit: If itunes will not accept 2.2.1 firmware to restore. Use Pwnage tool on MAC to make a custom build of 2.2.1 and try it again and should work