Can't Restart iPod after Rebooting

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by donkeyclaws, Mar 21, 2009.

1. donkeyclaws

donkeyclaws New Member

I recently jailbroke my iPod, and the first thing I went to do was install WinterBoard. it asked to reboot, and I knew I had to reboot it with the computer, but I have one problem. It won't enter DFU mode. Whenever I try to enter it, at the bottom right corner of my monitor, a bubble pops up saying USB Device Not Recognized, and it doesnt let me enter DFU mode.

Has anyone had the same problem, or know what to do if this happens?
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

You installed the teathered jailbreak. Not the unteathered.

Put it in DFU mode, you must be doing it wrong.
  3. donkeyclaws

donkeyclaws New Member

I know I installed the tethered jailbreak, and I know I have to put it in DFU Mode.

When I hold down both buttons for 10 seconds, there isn't a chime. A bubble in the corner of Windows opens and says USB Device Not Recognized.
    I let go of the power button, and another bubble with the same words opens. Again, no chime, just a bubble.

AND iTunes doesn't open.
  4. jeffreytrynahelp

jeffreytrynahelp New Member

ya

okay trust me i had the same problem and was so frusterated make sure you have the libusb or w.e installed and every thing and my computer didnt make the chime noise when going into dfu mode so wait like 10 sec then home button you know ... my ipod did what you were saying for like 10 min but after i did this it works =]
  5. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why would you install the tethered instead of the untethered?