cant remove ATT signal on unlocked iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drive88mph, May 14, 2008.

1. drive88mph

drive88mph Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    hi people

i just got my iphone yesterday and i was able to use my country carrier (in mexico)just when i inserted the gsm chip i got the company name on the carrier part of the phone but then i had to go to the usa and the carrier name changed to ATT that was normal because of roaming but when i got back to mexico, the att name was still there, now i can make calls and send sms like if i were in mexico not like if i were in the usa, but i can also make calls like if i were in the usa with and without the country code and that is not normal, now im stuck with the att signal and sometimes i get poor signal because of the distance from the usa...the phone was supposed to be unlocked and it worked with my compamny name at first but now i cant remove it, even if i try changing the network in the phone settings no luck
  2. drive88mph

drive88mph Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    well it turns out that i was trying to change the network and i have my carrier company selected, but the att name is still on the home , for some reason just the name but the signal is from my company, is there a fix for this?
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just change it with Customize or in your Coreservices directory.

4. drive88mph

drive88mph Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    mmmm dunno about CUSTOMIZE but what i did in order to fix it, was to turn on AIRPLANE MODE and then restart the phone , turn off AIRPLANE and then my carrier name came up again......thats my two cents
  5. drive88mph

drive88mph Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    for some reason my solution did not work again, i still have the att signal, i can make normal calls like if i were using my mexican carrier but the quality is awful, anybody has a solution?
  6. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Install Customize and then just install some carrier image packages (through installer) then open up customize and change it through there....
  7. drive88mph

drive88mph Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    one question buddy...even if it says att at the home screen, am i still getting my mexican carrier signal?? im asking this because i dont want to have extra charges at my bill, because i can even choose my mexican carrier at the settings and it doesnt tell me anything abotu losing signal or anything, is just that i get that att name....
  8. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm not helping you... don't call me "buddy" ever again...

that pisses me off more than anything when people talk down to me....